Report to the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer (“COO / CFO”) Application Deadline: July 9, 2021 Salary Range: Minimum $75,000
The Portfolio Operations Lead is responsible for monitoring and executing all material aspects of ISBI’s investment portfolio operations while working closely with investment and accounting function team members under the direct oversight of ISBI’s COO / CFO.
The Portfolio Operations Lead has the following specific responsibilities, which shall include, but not be limited to:
1. In conjunction with the COO / CFO, responsible for performing daily monitoring of ISBI’s investment portfolio and executing operational activities as deemed necessary by the investment team or in compliance with ISBI’s established policies and procedures.
2. Initiate and monitor necessary portfolio asset sales/transfers with ISBI’s custodian as directed by the investment team.
3. Monitor and evaluate trade analytics and foreign exchange transactions within the portfolio, performing necessary actions to support trade settlement and limit unnecessary foreign currency exposure risk within the portfolio.
4. Perform and document period end portfolio valuation adjustments to support ongoing financial reporting requirements. Monitor all portfolio holdings and partnerships (across public and alternative portfolios) to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and conformity to Board objectives.
5. Utilizing the custodial compliance platform, monitor compliance of investment portfolios for established investment manager guidelines.
6. Track all funding activities, including new funding events and redemptions as communicated by ISBI managers and processed by the Portfolio Officer for Accounting and Business Operations. Report investment performance of private investments.
7. Assess the accuracy of investment manager fees against agreed upon manager contractual agreements. Keep detailed records of all public and private investment management fees paid.
8. Monitor portfolio corporate action and class action events as communicated by ISBI’s custodian and support filing and processing efforts as needed.
9. Oversee the execution and monitoring of foreign tax reclaim efforts across the portfolio with support from ISBI’s custodian.
10. In conjunction with the COO / CFO, assist in the preparation and review of ISBI’s Annual Report. Monitor transmittal of reporting and compliance matters to investment accounting staff.
11. Compile data for various investment-related reporting requirements including requests under the Freedom of Information Act and elective ongoing portfolio surveys. Complete any relevant/related questionnaires on behalf of ISBI and analyze data collection outputs as applicable.
12. Organize and maintain investment related records within ISBI’s internal data warehouse as necessary to meet the Board’s data management storage standards.
13. Manage and coordinate ISBI Quarterly Valuation Signoff process.
14. Monitor and evaluate trade analytics and foreign exchange transactions within the portfolio.
15. Prepare portfolio performance quantitative metrics and manager specific qualitative details for upload on ISBI’s website as required information is made available.
16. Ensure portfolio operating records and documents are maintained in compliance with ISBI’s Records Retention Policy and the State Records Retention Policy, if applicable. This includes managing portfolio documents within ISBI’s internal document database.
17. Under the direction of the Executive Director/Chief Investment Officer, perform portfolio research on an ad hoc and ongoing basis.
18. Other duties as required or assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of prior related experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CPA a plus.
• Wealth/asset management fund operations experience required.
• Strong Microsoft Excel computation and modeling skills.
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Thorough thinking and dynamic analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Working knowledge of other Microsoft programs.
• Ability to work in an office environment subject to frequent interruptions and to communicate with co-workers/third parties via video conference, email, and telephone; involves sitting at a desk for prolonged periods and potential light lifting.